Hand Stitch Social
Join me for a friendly informal hand stitching Sit & Sew hosted on Zoom.
Bring along your EPP, Appliqué, hand quilting, binding or any other hand stitching and drink tea, eat cake and chat as much or as little as you want in the virtual company of others.
The Hand Stitch Social is not instructional - purely social but feel free to ask advice, swap tips and ideas with the group, it’s all about community. This Blog Post explains why I created the Hand Stitch Social, please take a few minutes to read.
Saturday 13th and 27th March 10am - 11.30am
How it works
- Click on the Hand Stitch Social logo below to purchase your ticket and secure your place, please check that you choose the correct date!
- Please ensure you input your correct email address during the checkout process and make sure that the email marketing box is ticked*
- You will be sent an email containing a Zoom link to join the Hand Stitch Social, this could take up to 1 hour, please check your spam folder
- Ticket sales close at 10pm on the Friday before the Hand Stitch Social (or until tickets are sold out, whichever comes first)
- A reminder email will be sent on the Saturday morning with your link to the Zoom meeting
- On the Saturday morning gather your sewing, grab a drink and snack, click your Zoom link, say “Hello” and we are off!!
- If you haven’t used Zoom before, please click the link beforehand to familiarise yourself – believe me it is easy, if you any need any help please ask
What to expect
- The Hand Stitch Social is intended to be a friendly and informal sit & sew
- You don’t have to have your video switched on, but it would be lovely to see your face and see what you’re working on
- As host, I will be asking you to introduce yourself and tell the group about the project you are working on
- If you would prefer not to be on video or speak that’s OK too. The Chat Box will be open for you to comment and ask questions throughout the session, I will try not to miss anyone out
- As the Hand Stitch Social is new, there are bound to be bumps while I find the best way to interact with the group, please be patient.
- Places are limited to 20 people for the first session
- As host I ask that you treat other group members with upmost kindness and respect, this is a happy place. I retain the right to ask you to leave if deemed necessary
- Above all else … Enjoy!
Any questions, please email email@example.com
Hand Stitch Social: Developing Friendships and Nurturing your Wellbeing
* This is the tick box saying “Keep me up to date on news and exclusive offers”. It is a limitation of the automated email system that your email address must be added to Duck Egg Threads mailing list, please be assured you can unsubscribe from our email list at any time AFTER your Hand Stitch Social session, but it is a requirement that you are on it to enable you to receive the Zoom link and reminder email.